Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Foolish Day!

April started with a bang in Mongolia, yesterday! Mongolians celebrate "Foolish Day" or "Joke Day" (Hodlaa Odor) pretty similar to how it's celebrated in the US... by playing jokes and teasing each other all day!

We had a great time setting up pranks with, for, and on our counterparts and fellow PCVs yesterday. I say we, but mostly I mean, I did it, and Peter was a victim in our plots! :) The best part was at the end of one of my "pranks" my counterparts were cracking up, and telling me that I should "go to Hollywood" and the best question I got was "How did you know about this great Mongolian holiday?" So it ended up being a cross-cultural exchange about how lots of cultures and countries do practice some form of April Fools' Day.

Happy Spring!

No comments: