Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thank you, Brett Favre

Today, Thursday, 6 March 2008, our legendary and beloved quarterback retired from the NFL. As a fan, owner and admirer, I am saddened that he will no longer suit up, but I am happy that he has finished his career on top, the greatest player in history. After 16 years with the Packers, we will always remember the great games, the memorable moments, and the amazing finishes. We will remember the Super Bowls, the championship games, the playoff appearances. We will remember the records. We will remember the leader, the team player,the iron man and the hero. We will remember how he inspired us. For me, however, what I will remember the most is how he played because he loved the game, and how I loved the game more because I could watch him play it.

Thank you, Brett.


(Photo by Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images)

2 comments:

Bobby said...

Great post bro! It was a very sad day here in Wisconsin. I had tears in my eyes as I watched it all come to an end. We will never see another "Brett Favre" type player again.

Alli and Mike said...

It is a shame that in his last year he was not able to defeat a certain team of destiny known throughout the galaxy as... do I really have to say it?