Tuesday, December 4, 2007

English Homework

I spend anywhere from 1-5 hours per week with my coworkers working on English, business English, everyday English, and just practicing pronounciation and spelling. They are all so interested in learning new expressions, and learning more English so they can communicate and most especially, use the internet!

Here's a small glimpse into what one of my counterparts did for homework. I find the answers really telling about how committed they are to the work we do and how it helps Mongolia. Some are just really great to read and make you smile.

"Expressions About Me"

I worry about for my country's development
I dreamt about my country is rich country
I am proud of my country's big land
I am interested in sport
I am afraid of China annexation Mongolia.
I don't believe in China
I am good at Basketball
I am poor at machine
I have to develop my country.

---

5 comments:

Susanica said...

Hey Peter and Cady. Merry Christmas from me and Susanne and Danny! Keep up the great work in Mongolia. Isn't Peace Corps great! I remember teaching English (and basketball on the side to my Guate friends. (Well I was in Guatemala over 20 years ago now but I still remember it so fondly.) Anyway, have the best Christmas every. Love, M&S&D (P.S. don't forget to click on our blog link to see pics of our now 6 month old little angel!)

TBD said...

Hey Homeys,

Just checking in to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ex post facto. Here is my English assignment...

-Packers not good as Patriots
-I need develop my sobriety
-David Ortiz walks man god
-Much time at work take lazy

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog. Good luck to you guys. I'm happy that many foreigners like you help us, Mongolians, learn our language and custom. Although it's really hard to adjust to culture for the first year, you'll appreciate it later for what you're doing now!
have a safe winter!

Anonymous said...

happy much belated xmas/new years! hopefully you'll keup with the site in 2008, i love checking back to see what ya'll are up to!

Anonymous said...

Great work.